Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Just the facts ma'am

Today I took the third treatment of the eight that I'm supposed to have. Things seem to be going ok so far as we just got home from St. Ignace and I'm feeling good. I'm looking forward to Thursday now because that's when I get the pump off and I'm on a week and a half break until the halfway point on that following Tuesday.

This post, I think, is going to be more of an informative one than anything, so if you're looking forward to some deep thoughts self actualization, this probably isn't going to be your cup of tea. If something strikes me while I'm writing all of my informative stuff down though, I'll be sure and include it.

I did something dumb last night. I drove out to work and got inside and looked at the schedule. We get a manning sheet every night which tells us where we are all working. I wasn't on ours last night. I realized this at about the same time as one of my supervisors did and he asked me why I was there. I told him that I wasn't on RDO (regular day off) so I figured I'd better show up. He laughed at me and pointed out that I was on annual leave. We tried to give my night off away to anyone who might want to go home, but once people get out there, most of them would just rather just work their eight hours and go home after. So I got to walk back out to my car and drive back home and go to bed.

My daughter Callie plays her first game this weekend in the Superior Dome in Marquette. They play three games and it doesn't look like I'm going to get to see any of them. And just for the record, I don't like it one bit. One of the other parents has offered to tape games for me so I'm going to ask if that offer's still good. Hopefully it is, but I'd definitely still rather be there in person. You can't yell at an umpire watching the game on tape.

Also regarding Callie, her team is putting on a spaghetti dinner on Wednesday night at the Christopher Columbus Hall as part of their fundraising effort for the season. If you'd like to go, it runs from 5-7 pm and there are take-out orders available. Dinners cost $8 per adult and $4 for kids under 12. I think kids under 2 eat for free. I know it's a long way to drive for some of you just for a spaghetti dinner, but if you live in town, come out and get some spaghetti. You know the CC Hall makes good spag.

I've been hooked on the game Family Feud on the Kindle lately and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. It always says that they surveyed 100 people and the top answers are on the board. After looking at some of the answers that the game puts up there, I think what they meant to say is that here are the answers that no more than one person came up with. I get so mad playing that game, and yet I find myself playing it every single day.

I'm bummed that Walking Dead season is over, but the show that AMC has on right now in that time slot is pretty good. It's called TURN, and it's about the American Revolution and America's first spy ring inside British intelligence. I've seen the first one and have the second one digitally recorded and plan on watching it today or tonight.

So there it is, no deep thoughts or anything, just some information.

I Will Win

No comments:

Post a Comment